This year’s 30th Performing Arts Festival Concert was held at the Perth Concert Hall on Monday 16th September 2019.
The evening began with an official welcome by our two comperes for the evening, Mrs Jenni Hutton and Mrs Liana Strutt. Jenni and Liana welcomed official guests including:
- Very Reverend Peter G Whitely VG, Vicar General
- Monsignor Michael Keating
- Dr Debra Sayce, Executive Director Catholic Education Western Australia
- Mr Peter Yensch, Deputy Executive Director Catholic Education Western Australia
- Directors, Catholic Education Western Australia
- Catholic Education Commission Members
- Lionel & Mieke Cranfield and John Cranfield, Zenith Music
- Congregational Superiors of the Orders of Western Australia
- Parish Priests and College Principals, providers of Festival Venues
- Festival Adjudicators
The stage was then filled by the 36 Shield Recipients from this year’s Performing Arts Festival who paraded their shields proudly.
Various performances followed which showcased the many talents of our Catholic school students including Choirs, Concert Bands, Vocalists, Drama, Dance as well as spotlight performances by very talented soloists and duets. This year’s Program was an amazing display of the young talent that exists in our Catholic Schools. They are to be congratulated on the success of the night.
The evening was highlighted with the presentation of awards. Mr John Cranfield, our major Sponsor from Zenith Music presented the following:
The Zenith Commendation Award for Sustained Improvement Primary and Secondary
- St Peters Primary School
- Newman College
Zenith Awards for Country/Metropolitan Primary and Secondary Schools for Overall Excellence in Performance and Participation in the Spirit of the Festival
- Mandurah Catholic College (Primary and Secondary)
- Orana Catholic Primary School
- Trinity College
Four major scholarships were awarded this year:
Overall the concert was a fantastic evening had by all with various compliments given by different audience members recognising the talent, effort, hard work and above all, passion for the arts achieved by both teachers, parents and most of all our Students. We would also like to specifically thank our wonderful Committee for all their hard work in putting together this amazing Festival and final concert.Well done to everyone who participated in the 2019 Performing Arts Festival – we look forward to next year’s 31st Performing Arts Festival.
- Vera Chidlow Scholarship for Pianoforte
- The Chapman Scholarship for Secondary Strings
- The Catenian Association Scholarship for Secondary Woodwind/Brass
- St John of God Health Care Scholarship